Position title: IT MANAGER
We have a fantastic opportunity for a hands-on professional IT manager to take over responsibility for the oversight of all daily IT operations and build out the infrastructure required for the rapid expansion of our company at a time when we are moving to enlarged premises in the UK and building our team in the US. Our enduring vision is in enabling the sustainable prosperity for everyone.
it MANAGER Duties
- Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer
- Develop the IT strategy in support of the Company’s mission
- Managing the full lifecycle and support of all IT systems - operating systems, servers, PCs, software apps, telecommunications.
- Providing expert advice and support for system upgrades, new installations, software infrastructure and maintenance.
- Lead & support the development and enhancement of systems and integration projects.
- Responsibility for data and IP protection, including security, from an IT perspective.
- Responsibility for researching global trends, evaluating and proposing new IT technologies in a company where innovation is encouraged.
- Build awareness of current & future business direction and develop IT system designs for greatest user experience.
- As we grow our organisation manage the recruitment and development of IT staff.
- Develop and implement policies, procedures and standards for IT and telecommunications.
- Ensuring written documentation is created and maintained, to include inventory, user and system manuals, licence agreements and all documentation relating to modifications and upgrades.
IT MANAGER Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree or Higher in computer science/ related field
- At least 5 years in a senior IT professional role with proven track record
- Experience of working in Agile, DevOps or similar environment
- Administration of Microsoft Windows, Windows Server, Exchange and Linux Servers (primarily debian, centos, ubuntu)
- Sees big picture and how IT infrastructure contributes to achieving company mission
- Hands on people person, eager to earn end user satisfaction
- Discerning, strategic, hunger to learn
- Efficient and effective with intrinsic drive achieving outcomes
- Without ego, always happy to bridge gaps
- Excellent communicator
- Team player, reliable
- Innovative and creative, does not hesitate to take initiative
- Rational thinker
- Open minded problem solver
- Decisive – when making judgements on priorities
- Confident and authoritative – when liaising with internal and external people
- Efficient – with time management
- Effective – in delivering outcomes
- Polished – in appearance and delivery of communications
- Thorough – in addressing details to deliver outcomes
Up to GBP60k per annum commensurate with skills and experience and level of hire
Edinburgh with travel to Washington DC as required